There are 2 approaches when gambling on Dota 2. They are Dota 2 item betting and betting on matches with real money. Item betting is unique as it is only available on Valve platform games like Dota 2 and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. It was a massive boost to reinvigorate CS: GO and the player base as well as a great source of income for the game. Dota 2 betting sites for real money like Pinnacle have been online since 2010.
Moreover, bookies have realized the potential sums that they can earn from eSports, so they created a ton of introductory markets. In this article, we will take a look at both of the aspects, their advantages, and disadvantages, as well as how to get started with each of them. Keep reading to find the best Dota 2 item betting site for you!
Betting with Items
Item betting offers a safer avenue to gamble with than using real currency. For starters, a player does not have to deposit money or attach any source of currency like a card or a bank account to start gambling. They can safely buy items from Steam and then link their account with a website such as Dota 2 Wage and Dota 2 Lounge.
The Safety of Dota 2 Item Betting
To help facilitate any bets, sites like the Dota 2 Lounge use an escrow system. An automated account is created for every transaction that only the site has access to. The account is entirely AI driven, and once a bet is placed the account will request the needed items from every party that is associated. Trades and wagers will not start until all parties have deposited the needed items into the account. And that is basically how Dota 2 item betting works.
Registering and Placing a Bet on Dota 2 Lounge
The site uses the Steam API that is available to handle the authentication and login. That provides a sense of safety. All Dota 2 Lounge users have to link their Steam accounts, and the authentication is done entirely through Steam. For a first time user making an account, the typical Steam security measures will be in place. Users have to perform the 2 step verification process by supplying a code that is sent to their email to Dota 2 Lounge. Thus, signing up and logging in the Dota 2 Lounge involves the exact same procedure and process as signing into Steam. The 3rd layer of security is also given in the form of CAPTCHA to help thwart bots from spamming the process.
Once the player has created an account and has managed to log in, their items will sync up with the site. A list of upcoming matches to gamble on will also be displayed. Here is a step by step process on how to bet on the Dota 2 Lounge:
- At the top of the page, there are two available options: Bets and Trades. By clicking on Bets, you will be taken to the upcoming matches section of the website.
- A list of active matches will be available there detailing every team that is playing, their region, as well as the projected percentage of every team’s chances of winning.
- For example, we will choose the upcoming Vega vs Liquid match to wager on. After clicking on the match, we are brought to the main screen of the match.
- To use Dota 2 Lounge, you must provide your Steam Trade URL. It will remain entirely anonymous.
- Potential reward values will also be displayed here, and a live stream, the number of placed bets, the number of wagered items, as well as a ton of other important info.
- Now that we have found the proper match and linked our Steam Trade URL, we are able to place a wager! You can bet up to four items at a time.
- Every item carries a monetary value based mainly on its rarity.
- After choosing Place Bet, you will be taken to the My Bets section of your account. It is there that the escrow account will be available for you and other users to deposit items. Once everything has been deposited, the bet is finalized.
Once that happens, you will no longer have access to your in-game items until the match is completed. Users can swap the team they prefer to wager on before the start of the match, but they cannot cancel the wager.
Betting with Real Money
Gambling has been around for quite a long time, growing in tandem with professional sports. Since eSports keep rising in popularity, it was only a matter of time until bookies caught up with the growing trend. Famous bookmakers like Pinnacle, Bet365, and Betway, have already established a massive presence. Unfortunately, this market is primarily limited to Asian and European countries because of the betting laws in America and abroad.
Is Gambling with Real-Money Secure?
Inherently, gambling with real money will not be as safe as doing so with items. For starters, personal information has to be stored on these sites for withdrawal and deposit purposes. The safety of having all your details facilitated and stored through Steam is also not available. For this reason, it is strongly stressed to perform because of diligence prior to placing a wager on any of these sites. Check reviews from other users for every company, ensure yourself that they have recognized and active betting licenses, and do not forget to proceed with caution and perform the test we recommend here. If it does not feel safe, simply do not do it. With that said, Pinnacle, Bet365, and Betway have been around for a long time and are considered quite reputable.
Registering and Placing a Bet on Pinnacle
For our second example, we will use Pinnacle to place a real-money bet. Here is a detailed process:
- Create an account on Pinnacle if you still do not have one.
- When doing so, ensure that you pick the right monetary denomination that you will use to deposit with.
- Once you have supplied your personal details and created an account, you will have a new menu available at the top of the screen. The initial step to place a new wager will be depositing money.
- If you click on Deposit, you will be brought to a new page, divided into 2 columns. The column on the left is an active list of methods which you can use to deposit money, while the right one is a list of methods to withdrawal your winnings.
- There are four types of payment methods – bank transfers, vouchers, cards, and bitcoins.
- For example, we will do a Bank Transfer. After you select this option, a new page will load. You will be given a Unique Reference Number. You have to supply it to your bank, either online or via phone.
- You also have to supply the bank with the account’s complete name and the address you are using on it.
- Once the bank approves your use of Pinnacle, you have to fill out an additional form on the bookie’s site.
- Bank transfers might take a few days to verify.
- You are now ready to deposit funds and start gambling with real money on best betting sites.
Placing your wager on Pinnacle is quite straightforward. After choosing eSports from Pinnacle’s the left-side panel, pick Dota 2. A list of available tournaments will be displayed. After choosing a selection, you will be taken to the Match Page. There you will see the available matches to gamble on.
After you have chosen the wager, you want to make, enter the amount you wish to bet in the white box, and select the green Submit Bet button. After you submit your wager, you will be brought to a confirmation page that shows the details of the wager you are about to make. Make sure that the details are correct and then press Confirm Bet. If the wager is accepted, a message will pop up stating so as well as a unique ticket number for that particular wager. Bets might not be accepted if the account lacks the needed funds or if the odds change during the confirmation process.